Whatever context the word budget is mentioned in, it usually doesn’t carry with it the connotation of bliss. However, weddings are supposed to be times of bliss when cares fall away and celebrating is what we do. The financial side of weddings gets a lot of bad rap these days with the climbing of the average wedding budget numbers. It can be genuinely stressful if you’re starting the planning process and you don’t have $35,000 dollars saved for the wedding of your dreams. There’s good news though, you are not bound by industry standard or cultural expectation to plunge yourself tens of thousands into debt to celebrate the most monumental moment of your life together!
Here you will find some tips for saving money and stress while planning your wedding.
- Take an honest look at how much you truly can afford.
- Make this number a guiding factor in the direction that you take with planning. Despite what your relatives/friends and culture say about how you do it, you get to make this call. (Unless they’re contributing financially.)
- Hire a wedding planner. (You knew this was coming!) Seriously though, a great wedding planner will not only cover the cost of their fees in savings but also save you a lot of time and stress.
- If you’re still DIY-research vendors. Find out industry standard pricing and compile information for all potential vendors.
- Decide what points are non-negotiable for you, as well as what you’re willing to do without. More flexibility=less stress & a chance for savings.
- Outline all elements as early as possible-design, decor, attire etc. Give yourself time to price shop and look for bargains. Strategic buying is your best friend.
- Stick to the budget! Don’t let those last minute Pinterest discoveries sink your best intentions.
How can we help?
- Vendor research is something that we work on continually. We take time to build strong working relationships to bring you the best in the industry for reliability and professionalism.
- We’re prepared with budget outlines, ideas, and strategies for cutting costs without being cheap.
- At Radiant Events, we pass along any discounts and promo pricing to you.
- We work as a liaison between you and your vendors during planning as well as at the wedding.
- We take the burden of “hosting” the wedding off you and your family by making sure that your guests are comfortable and attended to.
- We’re here for you! We get that there’s times when you’ll feel overwhelmed, and those are the moments when we are here especially for your venting.
- We’re here to take the blame for the detail that Aunt Betsy didn’t like. After all, we won’t be at your family reunions in the future, but you will be.
We have services that range from getting the planning off to a solid start to full wedding planning. Wherever you find yourself in the planning process, we would love to take some time to meet with you and bring the bliss back into the celebration! For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The month of May marks an important milestone in the life of Radiant Events. Since May 2016, the business has gone from little more than a dream to reality and even more dreams! I look back on this year with a deep sense of gratitude. Were it not for the support of family and friends, people who encouraged me through myriads of doubts, and the incredible faithfulness of God, I’m not sure I would’ve had the courage to push through the tough moments. As with anything in life, there have been many lessons to learn. I started out with minimal knowledge of business and a limited knowledge of the wedding industry. There was a lot of experimentation that went down, a lot of figuring out what works and what doesn’t, and a lot of studying to become a certified wedding planner.
The ability to be able to follow a dream and do what I really enjoy is a privilege. Weddings have fascinated me my entire life. They represent an event that is filled with beauty and pretty things as well as the sacredness of love that is committing itself for a lifetime. It is an incredible honor to be entrusted with this moment in a couple’s life. I am grateful to each brave client who took the leap of faith to book a brand new wedding planner!
In looking to the future, I’m so excited to serve our wonderful clients and continue to invest even more in the life of this region. The future for Radiant Events is bright!
Enjoy a look back at the past year!
Scott & Ariel
Backyard Birthday Party
Noonday Collection Party
First Bridal Show!
Second Bridal Show
For more follow on Instagram
Wedding planning can be fairly smooth sailing for some, especially those who enjoy making many decisions and keeping track of timelines. However, there will likely come a point for nearly every bride and groom where eloping sounds like an attractive plan. Since it would be sad to throw away months of work and the dreams of your wedding day, it’s not time to scratch the celebration off the books! There are varying levels of wedding planning that are offered by most wedding planners. If you’re partway through the planning and feeling overwhelmed, you may want to research options for partial planning. This is the opportunity to have someone complete the plans that you’ve already made and assist you through the remainder of the process. If you’re days or weeks away from the wedding and you’re looking for someone to oversee the procedures of the wedding weekend, a day of coordinator should fit you perfectly.
Ideally, it’s best to form a plan for who you’re counting on to provide these services for you as early in your planning process as possible. The earlier you book planning or coordination services, the more time you allow yourself to establish a working relationship with your planner or coordinator. Before making a decision to hire someone, make sure that they provide the services that will meet your specific needs, for the smoothest and most stress free scenario possible.
You may be experiencing a freak out moment with little time to spare before the wedding, however, it is worth taking a little time to try to find a professional who may have a last minute availability for you. In the event that the companies you contact are not available, ask for a recommendation for another trusted professional in the area. Never assume that you’re too late to relax and enjoy your wedding day!
I have a confession: A few years ago I thought that the idea of hiring a wedding planner was a really silly one. Why would you let a stranger plan the biggest day of your life? The problem is that I failed to understand at that time what a wedding planner really does as well as being inexperienced in regards to the amount of work that goes into a wedding.
In the years that followed, I was part of several weddings of family and friends. With each wedding I started realizing the effort that is required to make an event as detailed as a wedding progress smoothly. During the planning stage, there are many details to sort through-budget, menus, design, venues, vendors, guests, invitations etc. etc. Add to that the input coming from many different people in your life and it’s enough to make anyone’s head spin. By the time that the wedding day rolls around, there is an aspect of exhaustion that detracts from the actual celebration and that may have you wishing you had decided to elope.
In light of this, enter the idea of a wedding planner. Contrary to my belief that a wedding planner will take over the planning of the wedding making it less of your event and more of a “pre-formatted” event, a wedding planner brings organization to the myriad of details. You will be able to provide your vision and wishes and work with your planner to create a wedding that fits you. A wedding planner is there to protect your interests and make sure that vendors and others involved will serve you well. You can approach your wedding day with all the excitement and let the stress go. On your wedding day, you can be assured that someone is there with a back up plan for the incidentals that happen.
Of course, when you are considering the option of hiring a wedding planner or coordinator it is vitally important to find a company who you are comfortable with. Not only will this company be making the most important event of your life happen, but you will be spending a significant amount of time working with them. Take the time to talk with them, in person if possible, and ask them how they would approach the details that are most important to you as well as your concerns.
Give yourself the gift of the ability to enjoy to the fullest the process of planning your wedding and preparing for the most beautiful event of your life!
Interested in more information? We would love to talk with you!